Saturday, 8 November 2008

China - Software Testing Club

Over at http://www.softwaretestingclub.com/ I just set a club up for China.

I have a special interest in China (having family there) and in Software Testing and I have a problem - finding out about Software Testing in China is like haystacks and needles.

At a Client site recently I encountered a number of Chinese linguists doing translation work for software. It occurred to me I've never encountered a Chinese Software Tester in the UK. Indian sure, Chinese, they don't exist it seems.

I know off hand of two companies that are involved in offshoring test and development to China, CSC and Bleum. I know a tonne of them in India.

I know of Indian testing qualifications, universities that teach software testing to some level, I know a few Indian testing luminaries too. I have no idea about courses, conferences, institutions or guru's (chánshī) in China. (Slight lie, I know of this training provider but it's in Chinese so am working off dodgy Google translations http://www.beidaqingniao.org/)

Is ISTQB established in China yet? I've contacted the person marketing it over there, we'll see what response I get.

0 comments: